Friday we had lunch with other ladies and children from church. We met at a house and enjoyed 3 1/2 hours of playing, visiting, and eating. Everyone just brought something to share. It was wonderful to get to know others, and my kids played well with other children. No fighting! The kids did try to escape out the back door downstairs into the muddy yard, but we caught them before they made a mess in the new house.
I drug the red loveseat down to the basement to make room for my rocker upstairs Friday afternoon. I was having some terrible neck aches, and I am just not tall enough to be comfortable on the red furniture. We ended up taking all of the old furniture upstairs and tried will all our might to get the red couch downstairs. Unfortunately, it just will not fit around the tight corners in the hallway. It is in the garage for now, but may be going bye-bye. We were able to make the basement into the toy room that I always wanted though.
We woke up Saturday morning to SNOW! That's right, and I have the picture to prove it. I could hear the rain falling all night on Friday, and was so shocked to see the snow in the morning. I wasn't showered and dressed, so I took this through the window.

With General Conference this past weekend, we had some friends over to watch the afternoon session on Saturday, and then dinner. The guys went to their meeting, and then we all played some games that night. It was so nice to finally have some company over. They have a little boy that is almost 1, and our kids enjoyed playing with him. On Sunday, we had a family over for lunch and the kids were playing so well, that they stayed for the afternoon session. It is so wonderful to be meeting others, and I have found some scrapbooking buddies in the process.
Myles has been very cranky lately. We were figuring it was gas or reflux, and after the past few nights of Grady holding him upright and then putting him like this, I am pretty sure that the poor boy is suffering some terrible pains. He has slept for 6 hours straight at night since we have been holding him upright for a while before bed.
Macy wanted me to share this picutre of her holding the big boy.
Yesterday, Grady and Dan were coming home a bit early for dinner. I asked the kids to look ouside to see if the car I heard was them. They said no, but then started yelling that there was a firetruck coming. I had to see it for myself. Sure enough, we had one park right in front of our house. I had to take this picture (I would have tried for a better one, but there was a police man watchin me...ODD moment). I'm not quite sure what was going on, but there was not a fire at our neighbor's house. I am thinking that it was just a precautionary thing since the ambulance was there with three other police cars.
We stood out front adoring the truck for a while. Grady and Dan couldn't figure out what was going on at our house when they turned the corner, but as they got closer, they realized it wasn't us. Grady said, "I just talked to her on the phone a minute ago, what is going on?" Dan said that he was sure my boyfriend was trying to get out of the house since my husband was coming home early and broke his leg getting down the stairs. I got a laugh out of it, like I have any time for anything else in my life.

Well, that's our excitement around here. The weather has been beautiful and we've been trying to enjoy the last days before the snow flies and stays. Have a great week.
7 comments:
glad to get caught up on the blog--i always love the pictures--we are TRYING to find a time to come up for Macy's big day--and by the way--they wouldn't take the payment over the phone for the WAVE--so i will have to do that when i come, too....so sorry.....love you all so very much
Thanks for the update! I'd love to see a picture of the toy room if you get a chance! Sounds like you have been having fun -- we can't wait to have a house where we can actually invite people over!! Two more months! What did you think of conference? I didn't get to watch all of all the sessions - but I LOVED Elder Eyering's talk Sunday morning about writing things down...does a blog count? Cause I never remember my journal...:)
i have to comment on the sunday morning session as well!! Elder Eyring's talk was sooo good and made me think of you Ashli--good job!!!
The toy room is still a work in progress....ORGINIZATION! But, when it is finally done, I will share some photos. Saturday morning was probably the best listening I got in. However, I do copy, paste, edit and print out my blog AS my journal; I'm behind though.
Great update! You got snow before us!! Fun pictures too!
myles is getting so big I can't believe it. I wish we had a huge toy room that would be awesome!!! SNOW?!! crazy I like these cool days but I am not quite ready for snow. talk at you later
sheila
Glad to hear you got out a bit for your birthday and that the fire truck was not headed to your house! Hope Macy has a great birthday next week. We are planning a little something Saturday for Natalie. We just got back from the mountain today, and the fencing project will have to wait until after hunting and church dinner this weekend. You do what you can, right? Hope all is well. Hugs, Tharp family
PS Did you get the online photo album I sent? Just checking to see if everyone got it.
Post a Comment